We are happy to announce that a Chinese calligraphy course will begin on Thursday 19th April from 6.45 pm to 8.45 pm.
- Duration of term: 10 lessons
- School location: 19-21 Ridgmount Street, London, WC1E 7AH
- Dates: Every Thursday evening from 6.45 pm to 8.45 pm. 19th April.
- Tutor: David Su
- Medium of instruction: English supplemented with Mandarin Chinese
- Tuition fee: £250.00
The Calligraphy course is intended for students across all skill levels. Regardless of your level of Chinese you are welcome to join this artistic course and You can enroll at any time during the term provided that space is available.
The calligraphy course will cover:
- the ‘four treasures’ (paper, brush, ink and ink block) that are used in Chinese calligraphy,
- the eight Chinese scripts,
- the way to hold and manoeuvre a Chinese writing brush,
- the structure of Chinese characters,
- the writing of the different strokes in Chinese characters, and the way to write Chinese characters artistically and to create a calligraphy work.