Mandarin Chinese Courses with Meridian Chinese Studies
- Free trial lesson – new students can join the first lesson free! That’s how confident we are that you will sign up for one of our courses once you’ve tried a Meridian
- We make Chinese easier and more enjoyable to learn. Yes, it’s a big claim but it’s true and it’s the reason why so many students and Chinese teachers have joined us or switched from another course to ours. Have a look at some of their comments .
- Learn faster and better Chinese: We created the revolutionary TDR™ method which simplifies and speeds up learning by an average of 80-100 % compared to other methods. We also teach you how the language works so you understand better how to handle real conversations in Chinese.
- We use a unique 3D approach to teaching that integrates the language, Chinese cultural teaching and experience ( calligraphy, etc.) to give you the most rounded understanding of Chinese.
- More experienced teachers: We have more than 32 years experience of teaching Chinese in the UK. All classes are small groups where we use a mix of senior level tutors and teaching assistants – all of whom speak good English and have many years of experience teaching native English speakers – so each individual student benefits from lots of personal attention.
- Flexibility and convenience: we teach all year round and have locations across London for you to attend a course. For corporate clients, we can also design courses for your specific needs and teach on site.
- Better value: Our courses offer excellent value for money and students benefit from plenty of FREE learning materials.
- Our principal “David Su is one of the best known Chinese language specialists in the U.K”-BBC WORLD NEWS
Meridian Chinese Studies believes the student always comes first. That’s why we have a completely student-centric attitude about the way we teach. What this means is that unlike many other Chinese classes, all Meridian students benefit from lots of one-to-one personal attention from teachers and teaching assistants. We spend time with you working on your specific needs, interests and issues so that we end up with total compatibility of our teaching style and your individual learning style. This means that you progress faster and enjoy learning more.
Bi-lingual and bi-cultural teachers
Our founder, David Su Liqun has lived and taught Chinese in the UK for over 25 years. All of Meridian’s teachers are native Chinese speakers but with good English language skills and plenty of experience teaching people of all ages and backgrounds in the UK. They have all lived in the UK for years and as such are both bi-cultural as well as bi-lingual. This often has advantages for the students learning with Meridian
Unique lesson formats
We have a huge variety of new, unique techniques, tricks and exercises that are always challenging, sometimes funny and definitely rewarding. Sometimes collaborative, sometimes competitive, they are all designed to build confidence, interaction, realism and enjoyment! Lessons have a varied pace and include lively spells and quieter times for absorbing what you’ve learned. Classes are structured and focused but always enjoyable.